Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Ringing In Change


I wear a Claddagh ring. I’d always wanted one and Frank gave me one for Mother’s Day, 2010. I love it - it represents my Irish heritage and it symbolizes love, loyalty, and friendship.



It can be worn two ways, and has different meanings depending on the way you wear it. If you wear it with the point of the heart facing inward, toward your heart, it means that your heart is taken or spoken for. If you wear it with the point of the heart facing outward, away from your heart, it symbolizes friendship. When he gave it to me (naturally) I put it on with the point of the heart facing inward.

Several times over the course of the first year+ after I moved out of our house into my own apartment I tried to turn it around, but I simply couldn’t bring myself to do it. I didn’t want to lie to myself or anyone else. We may not have been together anymore, but my heart was still his. However, over the last few months I can honestly say that my feelings have been changing. Because of all the healing going on inside, as well as a couple of “aha!” moments, I finally felt like it was time to turn the ring around a couple of weeks ago. But as I did, it STILL didn’t feel right. At first I was baffled, but then the reason it didn’t feel right dawned on me. It’s because my heart IS spoken for - by Jesus.

He is my everything.

(I still turned it around though with the point of the heart facing outward. Until I meet someone that makes me want to turn it around again that is...)

P.S.
(I highly recommend the 3 minute, 54 second video on this page – Kyle puts things so much better than I can.)

No comments:

Post a Comment